Thursday, September 27, 2012

MOVE

My friend Amanda just sent this video to me. Watching it made me want to pack up my backpack and fly to Europe again.



In the first watch, I caught the Louvre, the Albert Memorial in Hyde Park, and the escalators up to the Park Güell in Barcelona...and then I went through and paused it a million times so I could catch everything. What places did you catch watching it??

What's incredible to me about traveling is that once you've been to a place, even if for only a few days, it gets burned in your memory, and all you have to see is a split-second shot of it, and you know exactly where it is, and remember exactly what you did there. We waited in a huge line outside the Louvre to get in for free on student day, and one our last night in Paris, the air was cool and I was in my purple skirt, and we were alone in front of the Louvre and we climbed on pedestals and took pictures. I was alone in Hyde Park and the Albert Memorial was under construction and was draped in orange tape and orange barricades and I walked around it and around it and the sun was bright and warm. On our ride up to the Parc Güell, I wore the sunglasses I had just bought off a fat old man and his fat cheery wife at the bottom of the hill. I was thinking, "This is brilliant--an outdoor escalator up a hill that no one's gonna want to climb."

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome Carolyn. You know, you remind of all the beauty in all the world. Life is short and I think that if we can remember to breathe in every moment in every place, we'll get to the end and have nothing to say but, "thank you."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you be in love with a feeling? Because I am.

    ReplyDelete