Saturday, June 27, 2009

something lost

my six year old sister slept over last night and suddenly i remembered what it was like to make decisions based on eenie-meenie-mynie-mo. i went to campus tonight to return some books and thought about my first few years there, when you just picked someone you liked and dated them for a while. when every day was an adventure in meeting new people and learning new things and thinking up unprecedented ridiculousnesses with which to stay up till 3am.

somewhere along the way i turned into an adult, with a furrowed brow and concerns about money and my future and time management and turning too much into my parents and still remaining true to myself.

i brought back a stack of my journals from home today, in the hopes that there are still sparkles left in the pages with which i can learn how to see the world new again.

No comments:

Post a Comment