Saturday, April 28, 2012

my future:

The way my life is going, I'm fixing to be the crazy aunt who goes on safaris.

I realized this whilst thinking about my future nieces and nephews and wondering if I will forever be relegated to singledom and consequently to the often exotic travels associated with such a station.  As if the heavens heard my query, *poof*, the next morning at our final grad instructor meeting, I was awarded "most likely to get lost in an obscure foreign country."  

I try not to get too wrapped up in figuring out if this is a compliment (like they think I'm cool and will travel a lot) or a diss (like I'm the kind of person who might someday wake up in an obscure foreign country and have no idea how i got there or how to get myself out).  Instead I just make a list of the things I'll bring on said safari:

one hot air balloon
classy binoculars
tortoise shell glasses, because i'll be old by then and probably macularly degenerative 
ernest hemingway (the books and the man.  but most especially that mustache (swoon))
and a lifetime supply of peanut M&Ms.  =happy all my life.

2 comments: