Saturday, May 21, 2011

her face was besmirched with charcoal, her clothes tattered and dirty. “But,” she said, with a twinkle in her eye, “I was wearing my Chanel perfume. Inside I still knew I was a lady.”

where have i been, you might ask?

oh just backpacking through greater scotland.

more on that forthcoming.

but for now, know that the first thing i did whenst i returned to this sweet place i call london-home after no semblance of a bath for four days was shower, put on mascara, a bright purple skirt and the sparkliest shoes i have.

and now i'm going to gap to buy myself perfume

because a lady needs to remind herself every now and then that she's a lady.

which is only to say that when i get back from six weeks of backpacking greater europe, i will most likely buy myself a ballgown.


{title for this blog post on ladiness from Audrey Hepburn, quoted in Douglas L. Callister's BYU address--one of my four favorites.}

No comments:

Post a Comment