Monday, January 28, 2013

Valentine's Gift Guide:
for the kid who built his own bridge, taught himself how to crochet, and would sleep outside every night if he could


Giving gifts is tricky. Especially on Valentine’s when you are trying to say more than just, "I remembered it's Christmas!" The thing is, candy, flowers, and gift cards say, “I love,” but often they don't really say, "I love you." As in I love you specifically, with all your idiosyncrasies and passions and dreams, and I know all those things better than any other human, so BAM here's the perfect gift for you because BAM I love you. YOU, YES YOU. 

So here are some nontraditional Valentine's gift ideas. Give em something that says you know them better than anyone else. Give em something that you love them more than anyone else.

[Ten bazillion points for anyone who has the guts to give a Valentine's gift to someone who doesn't know of their love. I will be awaiting your stories.]


Volume of Smith Journal ($11.95 for one volume, $46.17 for a 6-month subscription)
Bonsai tree kit ($24.95)




Harmonica (I'd recommend the Weekender, $14.99)


3 comments:

  1. Ha! I adore this. But mostly your post on buying vintage, I will be using your tips. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 out of the 3 match what I know.... but crocheting. Really?

    Oh yes, really.


    I learn something new every day.

    ReplyDelete